Microdermabrasion VS Facial VS Dermaplane
What are the differences between a facial, microdermabrasion, and dermaplaning?
Facial, microdermabrasion, and dermaplaning are all skincare treatments, but they differ in their techniques, purposes, and the issues they address. Here's an overview of each:
• Purpose: Facials are general skincare treatments designed to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
• Procedure: A typical facial involves cleansing, exfoliation, extraction of blackheads and whiteheads (if necessary), facial massage, and the application of masks, serums, and moisturizers tailored to the individual's skin type.
• Benefits: Facials can help with hydration, unclogging pores, improving blood circulation, and addressing specific skin concerns such as acne or signs of aging.
• Purpose: Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive exfoliating procedure aimed at removing the outer layer of dead skin cells to reveal smoother and healthier skin.
• Procedure: During microdermabrasion, a machine with a diamond-tipped wand and suction is used to abrade the skin gently. This process helps to buff away the outermost layer of skin, promoting cell turnover.
• Benefits: Microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, acne scars, and uneven skin texture.
• Purpose: Dermaplaning is a method of physical exfoliation that involves using a sterile surgical scalpel to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells and fine vellus hair (peach fuzz) from the face.
• Procedure: A trained skincare professional uses a gentle scraping motion to slough off dead skin and hair, leaving the skin smooth and vibrant.
• Benefits: Dermaplaning can enhance the effectiveness of skincare products, improve the smoothness and radiance of the skin, and create a smoother canvas for makeup application.
In summary, while facials are comprehensive treatments that address various skin concerns, microdermabrasion focuses on exfoliation through mechanical means, and dermaplaning involves the use of a scalpel to remove dead skin cells and peach fuzz. Each treatment has its own set of benefits and may be chosen based on individual skin needs and goals. It's important to consult with a skincare professional to determine the most suitable treatment for your specific skin concerns.